I wanted to quickly explain the links on the side of the blog. Two years ago Troy surprised me with a ticket to Hawaii for JUST ME to go to a women's conference held at BYU Hawaii each year called "A New You". He pretty much shoved me on the plane and took care of the kids all week. (By the way, he also taught an extra class at the college to pay for it - I just had to let you all know what a fantastic husband I have) I had such an amazing experience - without a doubt the Lord had a hand in sending me there. The following year, I received a phone call from the director of the conference, Barbara Barrington-Jones, asking me to come back as a counselor. I was a complete idiot on the phone speaking with this ultra classy lady but I somehow got the word "yes" out of my mouth and, once again, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life. This picture is of my co-counselor, Cristie Gardner, her wonderful daugther Emily and Chieko Okasaki. Chieko kind of adopted the Gardners the year before and so I got to hang out with her this last year - she is an 82-year-old riot!!! What fun!
This year the conference will be held in Salt Lake at the University of Utah. It is the first week of August and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WOMEN SHOULD GO!!!!!!!!! I can't even say that enough. Check out the website to find out the particulars and learn why it is such an amazing opportunity. I have been asked to be a counselor once again (kind of like a girls camp counselor but for a group of adult women). I can't wait! It can change your life.
Hi Lisa!
ReplyDeleteI'm actually trying to go to this with my sister in Utah! It looks like fun! I think that is super cool about your trip to BYU Hawaii! I did a Time Out Tour with Ardeth Kapp in September (Cradle of the Restoration) with my sisters, we had so much fun! (I think my family did better with me gone!) We all need trips like that, it's amazing what it does for our soul!
Brenda, I would so love to see you there! When I was talking to you this afternoon I didn't know that you do sister trips that is why I mentioned bringing Brandi. You would have fun no matter what. Spread the news. Registration will go FAST so I'll post again when it is time to start doing that.
ReplyDeleteI went to a couple of these at Byu years ago with friends. So great. Let me know when for next year. I want to be there. I will try to get Ash to go with me and maybe all of my daughter in laws. That would be a bit of heaven if it happened.
ReplyDeleteAs I was looking on the website I think registration has already started. I don't think any major advertising has taken place yet but once it does I know there won't be any spots left. You may want to start planning your trip now.
ReplyDelete