Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Incredibly Talented Troy

Troy is a very talented person. I often tease him that he doesn't need me around because he seems to do everything better than I do. He does need me for some things but I can't think of any right now. He just seems to be able to accomplish anything he sets out to accomplish.




For example, when we moved into our current home the fireplace didn't have any kind of a mantle whatsoever. Well, my first thought was, "How am I supposed to hang Christmas stockings above the fireplace?" Troy decided to build a mantle, although he had never done such a thing before. He thought up a design in his head and got to work. Our friend Neil let him borrow a tool and stayed to see the finished product. The two of them worked together all day and when they were finished I was amazed!





This is very typical of Troy. I am so grateful to have married a man who isn't afraid to tinker around until he figures things out. I'm so grateful to have a husband who wants to make our home a beautiful place. Thanks Troy!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that turned out beautiful! My hubby is the same way! It is wonderful! He built our entertainment center one year for my Valentine present. 6 years later it is still standing! We sure are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is great! Cheers to Troy Love!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I thought you were great in Beauty and the Beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week, I commented to Ally how much I liked your mantle. I had no idea that Troy built it! That is awesome...:)

    ReplyDelete