Lizzy's friend had a Princess Birthday Party, which required, of course, that she wear a princess costume. Her dress-up clothes are pretty thrashed but I just couldn't bring myself to pay for a new dress. I took a chance and went to Goodwill. Success! I found this beautiful Sleeping Beauty costume for $3.99! Lizzy LOVES dressing up like a princess. She walks so daintily, with her hands posed in the perfect feminine position, the whole while batting her eyes as every princess should.
Ben wanted to dress up too but I just can't let him wear Lizzy's princess costumes! :) I decided we would get his Halloween costume early. It didn't take long, once Ben saw the Spiderman costume, he was hooked. (I don't know where his attraction to Spiderman comes from, we aren't huge fans.) The minute we returned home, Ben had to put on his costume. He wore it all day and refused to take it off for bed so I just let him sleep in his costume, sans the mask. He was in Heaven all day long. I think it is time to get some more boy appropriate dress-up clothes.
Dressing up is always fun. My Ben loved Spiderman too. And it seems like every little boy I've met likes muscle costumes. Don't know why, but they do. :)
ReplyDeleteToo cute! Your kids are so adorable! Wish I had a princess, well now I do, my little dog daisy:) I will have to post a picture of her and her little shirt soon.
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute!
ReplyDeleteMy only boy was little so long ago, but the memories of dressing up are still clear. He loved to be Prince Eric, Peter Pan and a ninja turtle. There was usually a sword involved.
She looks so cute, a gorgeous little princess. Zeeli loves princess dress ups also and we have found a couple at the thrift stores which is so nice.
ReplyDeleteSuch cute kids! How adorable!
ReplyDelete