During intermission I took her down to look in the pit. Some of the musicians were there and they were fun and encouraging to her. After the show she wanted to meet the conductor. I didn't know if he would be open to meeting kids or not. He was so kind and with his strong English accent he said, "Maybe you can be just like me someday." Lizzy, with stars in her eyes, just smiled and nodded her head (I think she had fallen in love with the handsome guy in the tux!)
Well, that was all the pushing I needed. Lizzy started lessons on Monday of this week. She has practiced at least 6 times in the two days since. I had to post this asap so that when she is the world's greatest violinist they can use this when writing her life's story and then making a movie about her. Who do you think they will get to play her amazing mother? :)
How sweet. Where/who is she taking lessons frpm? I am so proud of her!
ReplyDeleteWhoo hoo! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteHow awesome! I hope she sticks with it and always keeps that love of music!! How fun for her!! :) :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go Lizzy! I even spelled her name right...didn't I? I told her I was working on that.
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!!!!! Hopefully she'll stick with it...I've tried so many things...and nothing stuck...except for BLOGGING!!!!
ReplyDeleteShe seems like a very special girl with a tender heart. That is neat that she is getting lessons.
ReplyDeleteI love little violins...especially with sweet little musicians playing them.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun story about going to Mary Poppins! I love that you followed up immediately.
What a wise mother Lizzy has to let her pursue her love of music! I play a little and can pick out the strings in the music I listen to. I think the violin is the most beautiful instrument. Can't wait to hear Lizzy play!
ReplyDeleteShe is SO adorable with that thing! And with her interest! Way to go mom!
ReplyDeleteLizzy is an amazing little girl for sure. She has such a sweet spirit. She is so cute. I hope that her passion for music continues through out her whole life. Music is such a powerful thing. I love it so much. I wish I had the chance when I was younger to play but I had opportunities that my siblings didnt and opportunities of a life time. You are a wonderful woman and so blessed to have your sweet little ones. :)
ReplyDelete