Thursday, April 15, 2010

Domestic Diva Wannabe - There May Be Some Hope

So a couple of weeks ago I posted that I had attempted making strawberry jam. After 4 batches of the stuff it appeared that my jam had not set. I was sad but decided to buy a carton of vanilla ice cream to eat with my gazillion jars of strawberry syrup.

Well, come to find out...jam doesn't always set up over night. In fact...it takes a couple of weeks sometimes. So guess what, I actually have a gazillion jars of strawberry jam! It is not the exact consistency as store-bought but it sure is yummy! I have even won over my loyal peanut butter and HONEY son! He requests the jam every day.

Is there ANOTHER lesson in patience in this somewhere? Will I EVER learn to just chill?! Am I just like my kids in this regard, just on a grander scale?

Good things come to those who wait!

1 comment:

  1. Good!!! That's wonderful! I'm glad your jam turned out after all!! It can be so disheartening to work so hard on a project only to have it not turn out. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete