Saturday, April 10, 2010

Honest Perspective?

The other day the sky was blue (it usually is in Yuma) the air was cool (that isn't a usual thing in Yuma) and I thought I heard the wind in the trees saying to me "There aren't too many more days left like this." I knew the wind was right. We will be in the 90's this week and it only gets hotter from there.

So, I packed the kids in the stroller and went for a walk. It was about 9:30 in the morning. My children had been exceptionally well behaved that day. Usually they argue while sitting in the stroller together. You know, the usual arguing..."Mom! He's looking at me!" "Mom! She's touching me!" Even before we had left on our walk, they had listened and obeyed without too many problems.

I decided to commend them with some positive reinforcement. I said, "You two have behaved wonderfully today! Thank you so much for listening and not fighting and being so helpful."

To which Lizzy replied, "Mom, it's only morning."

She was right. :)
Love my kiddos!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute!

    Why is it so bad to have a sibling looking at you, or touching you? My kids, who are quite a bit older than yours, still say those exact words!

    ReplyDelete