Here are a few pictures of the fun we had at the fair this year.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
It's Fair Time Again
The Yuma County Fair is the social event of the year down here. The school districts have coordinated spring break to be the same week as the fair as everyone would be ditching anyway. Many of the youth down here are heavily involved in 4-H projects and have responsibilities at the fair each year with the goats, pigs, cows etc they raised as well as sewing and other projects. I am working up the nerve to have Ben and Lizzy raise animals for the fair someday. It is a great way to learn responsibility and money for college. (but it is a TON of work too.)
Here are a few pictures of the fun we had at the fair this year.









Here are a few pictures of the fun we had at the fair this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
the fair is my favorite time of the year. I miss it alot. I miss raisin pigs. it is definately a great way to make money for school. I get to go this weekend and i can't wait to see my fam. looks like the kids had lots of fun
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so beautiful~
ReplyDeleteEvery photo put me right there at the fair...oh the joy!
It's so funny because I remember thinking how lame the Yuma Fair was, but now I would give anything to be able to go with my family again :) I LOVE it! I raised animals for a lot of years in the fair, as well as some of my other siblings. I have to say that pigs are the least amount of work and lambs probably the most. The veal are pretty time consuming too, but there's always the cute bunnies :) Glad you guys had a good time :)
ReplyDelete