It has happened.
My sweet five-year-old daughter said, "I don't like you" as she ran to her room in tears because I wouldn't let her do something she wanted to do. (She has discovered computer games which are fine, but she thinks she should be able to play them all day long. I just love her too much to let her brain go to mush.)
I knew this day would come but I was hoping it would be after she started school so I could console myself by rationalizing that she learned that behavior from some unknown child in her class.
Oh well. I'm sure this won't be the last time I hear those words. I must admit it stung a bit but I'll be okay.
I felt better after she cuddled in my arms for a while and we talked.
Motherhood is hard! I can relate.
ReplyDeleteBrianna is already slamming doors. I've been down that same road with TV shows that Brianna would like to watch(Hannah M). Brianna's famous line is "You are a mean Mom!" I just smile and hope she understands me someday.
I will hopefully see you next week!
Have a great weekend!
Love, Brenda
Being a mom has its ups and downs! You are such a GREAT mom--and she is lucky to have you! Someday, she will totally understand! :)
ReplyDelete