Two years ago some friends and I decided we wanted to do a co-op home preschool with our 3-year-old children two days a week. We each took turns with different topics and lesson ideas. I can't say that I loved every minute, it was a lot of work and it definitely wasn't always convenient or easy. But, as I look back on the past two year's worth of preschool activities, I can honestly say it was worth it. It truly was. I'm grateful for the tons of memories we have created from our different field trips and group activities and the friendships that were formed and strengthened for both my children and myself.
On August 9th, 2010, my baby girl will walk through the doors of Ronald Regan Elementary to begin a new chapter in her life. I know her. I will have to stop her from running through the doors. She is so excited. I, on the other hand, will be trying not to flood the city with my tears. I'm not sad to see her grow up, I'm just filled with gratitude that I get to be part of this remarkable little girl's life.
I am so proud of you dear Lizzy. As I look back on the past five years, there were moments this day seemed an eternity away. But it went too fast, way too fast. I am excited for your future though. You amaze me every day and I know you will continue to do so.
When Lizzy was born and during her early months, I worried so much about her sleeping habits. I read every book and tried everyone's advice and methods. Finally, a very wise woman said to me, "It is okay to hold your baby and rock her to sleep! One day, she will be grown and gone and too big for you to hold. That is when you will wish you had held her more."
I have followed her advice. She was right. I will never regret holding my baby. Especially on days like today or on the day coming up in two months from now, I will remember those holding moments and be grateful to have had her in my arms for as long as I could have her.
Thank you Father. Thank you.
Lisa, You can't flood the city as much as I did....3 times. There is nothing wrong with doing so. My advice: Just take some sunglasses ;)
ReplyDelete