Anyway, this is an oldie but it perfectly says exactly how I feel...
"Man of La Mancha"
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go
To right the unrightable wrong
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star
This is my quest
To follow that star
No matter how hopeless
No matter how far
To fight for the right
Without question or pause
To be willing to march against Hell
For a Heavenly cause
And I know if I'll only be true
To this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid to my rest
And the world will be better for this
That one man, scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star
This song speaks to my soul so much that I have to stop myself, as I'm walking through my neighborhood, from singing it out loud at the top of my lungs and raising my arms in triumph by the end of the song. That's a fun visual, I know. :)
The dream isn't impossible and the star is not unreachable...It is all about HIM and what He can do with us when we turn ourselves over to Him. When we do that, I'm told, life will still be difficult - look at Joseph Smith and Job and even the Savior's own life! It will all be worth it though and when we are true to this glorious quest, our hearts will lie peaceful and calm when we're laid to our rest.
By the way...if you have never seen, or if it has been a while since you have seen, Man of La Mancha, watch it. What an incredible story.
No, you're not being dramatic. I fully understand wanting to hear or read something everyday that gives you courage to go on. I can also see myself trying not to sing that at the top of my lungs with hands raised! That's a really good song.
ReplyDeleteI may not always comment, but I'm always reading. You inspire me!
I LOVE that song! think I'll just have to watch that show again!
ReplyDeleteThat song is in my top ten favorite songs EVER! Many years ago, our Stake had a Broadway night and a wonderful bass sang this song. He changed one line of the lyric so as not to offend anyone since the activity was held in the church building...he used another word for hell. But for me that epitomizes the song and Christ's sacrifice for us. He was "willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly cause."
ReplyDeleteThe other line that really strikes me is the term "unreachable star". In this life their are many unreachable stars, but we have to just keep trying. The wonderful thing is that just because the star is unreachable in this life doesn't mean we can't reach it in the next. We just have to keep on, not only "enduring" to the end, but Fighting and Working and Striving with all the energy we can muster.
LOVELY Song. :)