Okay, this post can be long or it can be really long but I'm going to take upon myself the challenge to keep it short because I still have an institute class to prepare for tomorrow morning...
So, as I have noted earlier, I'm working on being more grateful for all the Lord has given me. Not sure if this is appropriate to write but I even fasted at the beginning of this month that my gratitude for everything would increase and my wants and needs would decrease. I have been praying that my eyes would be opened to my blessings and my heart would be filled with gratitude on a more continual basis.
It's getting long...
Anyway, the November issue of the Friend magazine came last week. On the cover is a picture of a family opening the door to a box of Thanksgiving food sitting on their door step while in the back ground you can see someone running away - obviously the one who had anonymously left the food. (you can see a small version of the magazine here)
The picture reminds me of my family when I was growing up. Just picture my family with just a mom and three little kids instead of two - and a cat, not a dog. :) We were often the recipients of such generosity and kindness. I distinctly remember a few times that this happened. I have no idea who it was but a thank you note from me is long overdue so I'm just going to write a letter to those who may read this blog because you are undoubtedly kind, generous, loving people who want to follow Jesus Christ and you have probably done something anonymously like this before. So, here we go...
Dear Someone,
Thank you for the food you left on our doorstep tonight. It was so much fun for my brother and sister and I to go with my mom to the door and find a surprise waiting for us there. How did you know that we were completely out of money? How did you know there wasn't much food in the house? Most importantly, how did you know that we needed a ray of sunshine on that cold winter's night? I know you took from your own food supplies and your own financial resources to help us out. I pray the Lord will bless you for your sacrifice and generosity. I hope to be able to do the same for someone else one day. You are teaching me how to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Thank you.
Love,
Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment