Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh My Melting Heart!

I just have to document a sweet little experience I had with my Ben last night. Those who know Ben, know that he is a boy full of energy, dirt, bugs, trucks, Star Wars, Buzz Lightyear, Spiderman etc. etc. Get the picture? I am told all of the time that he is "all boy".

Sometimes, though, sometimes, he is the biggest sweetheart on the planet! For example:

The date on this one is very important - January 11th - 11 days into the new year.

Ben and Lizzy are sharing a room right now. Lizzy fell asleep immediately last night but Ben had taken a nap during the day so he was restless. I laid down beside him and chatted with him for a few minutes. He snuggled up beside me and I was in heaven. Then, he took my hand and proceeded to kiss each of my fingers - quietly snickering with each finger kiss. Next he turned his head toward mine, put his little hand on my cheek, kissed my nose and my forehead and looked into my eyes and very sweetly and sincerely said, "Happy New Year, Mama." 

Does he even know what that really means? No but can a heart melt and leap for joy all at the same time? Mine did. I love that boy!! I may be the only person to know this right now, but the girl who gets to marry him is going to be super lucky!! For now, I'll keep him a secret so I can have him all to myself for the next few years.

1 comment: