A few months ago I was pondering what the background music for my life would be if there were some. I posted about two songs that were very powerful for me at the time. You can read those posts by clicking here and here.
At the time I couldn't find a visual for one of the songs I love but I found one today so I decided to add it to the blog.
When I first posted the words to this song I wrote that usually when I feel a deep determination to endure whatever may come my way, something challenges that feeling and pushes me to prove with actions what I have felt in my heart.
Well...shortly after writing that post, I noticed that several visitors to my blog were finding me via a CNN news site. I was confused and curious so I clicked on the link. To my shock, down in the bottom right had corner of the site was a link to this blog. I'm pretty sure it is because I had also posted something about a cool snap we had in September that I was loving, because the link highlighted that posting. I felt pretty freaked out and after a lot of pondering I decided to make my blog private.
But remember the words to the song above? "I stretch this far, You raise the bar. You want my heart." Well, as I look back on that whole experience and at my feeling that something would come to challenge my determination, I realize it was all part of a plan to help me grow.
At the same time that I made my blog private, I created another blog. A blog that would cause me to stretch and ponder and put more of my focus on our Savior Jesus Christ. I entitled that blog Much More Him I posted that decision here.
I look back and I can see that the Lord "raised the bar" on me. I had stretched to a certain height and so He lovingly helped me reach further. Something He does for each of us. I'm thinking it will be a while before He'll need to raise the bar again. I must dig deep inside of myself to find the courage and faith and just the words to say on this new blog. I don't know who looks at the blog. I can tell people from about 10 different countries have visited the blog but maybe they found it by mistake. Who knows? I am doing what I feel impressed to do and as with anything like that, I have no doubt the one who will learn the most or be touched the most or grow the most from anything written on that blog, will be little old me. That's okay, I need it. :)
I read your other blog and i loVe it! Very inspiring... i have alot of those same thoughts for myself and started a regular journal years ago. it is fun to go back to read and keep adding to it yearly. it still strenghtens me today. now i don't feel so bad not having you as my institute teacher... because you are still my virtual institute teacher. loVe you!
ReplyDelete