It is almost 9pm on Monday, February 21st. My son's 4th birthday is tomorrow but because today was a day off of school for President's day, we had his birthday party this afternoon. I will be making posts documenting our celebrations for this wonderful boy who has come to live in our home. But for now, I just want to say that Christmas is over. Lizzy's birthday is over. Troy's birthday is over. Ben's birthday is over. I survived!!
Yes, I am aware that I bring much of the stress of these family holidays on myself. I don't NEED to allow them to have big parties and I don't NEED to make their birthday cakes and I don't NEED to do most of the stuff we do. But when I see the joy on their faces and I know how much it means to all of them, Troy, Ben and Lizzy, I know it is all worth it and I know I'll do it again next year and the year after and the year after and the year after.
For now, I don't want to make another cake for a few MONTHS or maybe even a year. I don't want to send out another birthday party invitation for a year. I don't want to blow up another balloon or plan another party or buy my kids another present for a year! (These kids do not need another toy for the rest of their lives!)
Oh, I'm just being tired. I would do it again tomorrow if I needed to and I would do it with a smile on my face. I have had so much help with our celebrations this year. THANK YOU to everyone!! Especially to You, my wonderful Father in Heaven, for giving me the reasons to celebrate in the first place.
I'm done and I'm going to bed now, a very tired, relieved and happy woman. :)
That is a lot to deal with in a short amount of time, but at least now you have the rest of the year to relax from party planning. :)
ReplyDelete