Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our Life (according to my camera)

Life has this way of happening every single second of every single day. Funny how that works. I try to always have my camera near by so I can snap pictures when I see something notable. I most definitely take too many pictures! :) What's a mom to do? I want a  microphone around Lizzy's and Ben's neck at all times to record all of the cute, silly, profound, thoughtful and surprising words that come from their lips. I want to video tape every cute face, every funny dance, every courageous action, every moment that reminds me that they are getting older. 
That isn't going to happen so for now I'll just have to make sure to add some more pics to the blog of random moments of joy...

Okay, so this wasn't a moment of joy but I had to take a picture of Troy and Lizzy sick on the same day. This was back in February. Lots of people were sick with stomach, throat, head, nose yuck. Somehow Ben and I escaped the illness but Troy and Lizzy were pretty sick for about three days. Troy NEVER gets sick so I had to take a picture. Ben and I nursed our two sickos back to health with love and care. :)
The beginning of March was still too cold to swim. Ben and Lizzy didn't let that stop them. They found their own pool. I heard hysterical laughing coming from the bathroom and I knew something out of the ordinary was going on. I had the clarity of thought to grab the camera before I peeked in. Look at those cute faces having the time of their lives in little bathroom sink. I love those two!
Lizzy insisted I take this picture of her back in February. She was pretty proud of herself as she read this entire book without a single bit of help from me.Way to go smartypants!!


Both Ben and Lizzy received new bikes for their birthdays. We have lugged those bikes to the park a few times so that the kids could ride as far and as fast as they like without their mother constantly yelling, "watch out for the cars!"
Ben ADORES his father. On Saturday mornings, Troy and Ben spend most of the morning together doing "guy stuff". This is not the first time Troy has put Ben on his shoulders while mowing the lawn. It isn't easy but he gets a good workout and Ben is in HEAVEN!!
 Ben is wearing the Spiderman cape I made for his birthday. Yes, you read that correctly, I, little old me who is terrified of sewing machines, made Ben a superhero cape. My friend Becky Crookston patiently sat beside me during the whole process. I didn't have to unpick a single stitch!! Ben loves his cape. Yay!!!

So, those are just some little snippets from our life recently.

Life is good! :)

1 comment:

  1. Life is good and those are some fun pics!! Well except for the being sick one :(

    ReplyDelete