Well, it happened. Lizzy's last day of kindergarten came, she had fun, we passed out gifts and then all too soon, my daughter wasn't a kindergartener any longer.
How did that school year go so fast?! I remember her first day of school as if it was yesterday. I watched her walk into the kindergarten playground, praying and hoping her day would go well, thinking of her every second that day, anxiously awaiting the time I could pick her up and now...it's over. She survived. I survived. She had a great year. She learned TONS and we're happy.
Here are some pics from that last day. I am sad to say that I didn't get many of her actual celebration program. Oh well. I have the memories. The school does a 50's theme with the kids singing ABC and 123 wordings to songs such as "Happy Days". It was very fun!
Lizzy is on the second row right in the middle with the black and white striped shirt on.
Lizzy receiving her certificate from Mr. Fletcher the principal.
Lizzy wanted to give a gift to Mr. Fletcher. I saw this idea in the Family Fun magazine. We just made an F out of old crayon pieces and put it in a shadow box frame. So easy and so cute!
Mrs. McMullen - Lizzy's amazing kindergarten teacher. Lizzy was very sad to say good-bye to her.
Mrs. Dirlim (she is Sister Dirlim on Sundays as she goes to church with us). She was Lizzy's reading group teacher and also helped with other activities throughout the day. Lizzy gave her a big hug every morning and I felt better knowing she was there watching out for Lizzy.
Mrs. Felli was Lizzy's "Character Counts" teacher. Lizzy loved this class and Mrs. Felli loved Lizzy. In fact, she awarded Lizzy her "Citizenship Award" for the girl student in her classes who displayed the greatest character. (at least that's what I gathered, I have yet to speak to the teacher to define this so I can accurately write why Lizzy received the award. I'm just going with the fact that Lizzy is AWESOME and this teacher noticed!)
Mrs. Jenkins was Lizzy's music and PE teacher. Lizzy had so much fun in both of these classes.
Mrs. Young is the Librarian at Lizzy's school. Lizzy loved going to the library once a week and always loved Mrs. Young's lessons.
Right here there is supposed
to be a picture of Lizzy with
the school's head secretary Mrs. Chadwick.
She keeps me sane. Just knowing she is there
makes me rest easier each day.
But the picture was erased from my camera
and I am sad.
Just picture a cute red headed secretary
standing with a cute strawberry blond Lizzy.
Lizzy's school uses a number system for grading. 3 is the highest grade a child can earn in her grade level. 4 means the child is preforming above grade level. Lizzy had almost all 4's all year long with a couple of 3's here and there. Her teacher used a green light, yellow light, red light discipline system. Yellow meaning they were receiving a warning. Lizzy was one of the only students in the class to NEVER receive a warning during the entire year. She stayed on green all day, every day. My little non-stop talking, wiggly worm of a daughter controlled herself all day (and then let all of her energy out the minute she was home!)
We are very proud of all of her accomplishments but even if she hadn't earned top grades and/or was pushed to yellow or even red...we would love her still. She is amazing and it is an honor to be her parents!
Right here there is supposed
to be a picture of Lizzy with
the school's head secretary Mrs. Chadwick.
She keeps me sane. Just knowing she is there
makes me rest easier each day.
But the picture was erased from my camera
and I am sad.
Just picture a cute red headed secretary
standing with a cute strawberry blond Lizzy.
Lizzy's school uses a number system for grading. 3 is the highest grade a child can earn in her grade level. 4 means the child is preforming above grade level. Lizzy had almost all 4's all year long with a couple of 3's here and there. Her teacher used a green light, yellow light, red light discipline system. Yellow meaning they were receiving a warning. Lizzy was one of the only students in the class to NEVER receive a warning during the entire year. She stayed on green all day, every day. My little non-stop talking, wiggly worm of a daughter controlled herself all day (and then let all of her energy out the minute she was home!)
We are very proud of all of her accomplishments but even if she hadn't earned top grades and/or was pushed to yellow or even red...we would love her still. She is amazing and it is an honor to be her parents!







No comments:
Post a Comment