Lizzy entered the cake decorating contest at her school's Fall Festival. She decorated this cake completely on her own. I put out some fun possibilities and she did the rest. If you'll notice the candies on her cake are in a pattern - Lizzy loves patterns. She can spot them anywhere and she loves to create them. So, I guess this was a math activity too.
Lizzy did not win the contest this year but she's not a quitter. We'll try again next year. Isn't she adorable?
We had to have one more after school swimming day before the temps go down below 100*. I know that those of you who live in Utah would still swim even if it was 90* outside but, sad to say, these Yuma kids think it is just too cold. We have already had a few days under 100* and so the water in the pool has cooled off a bit. Although this day was a bit over 100*, the kids were complaining about how cold the water was at this cousin pool party on Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2011. (See Ben wrapped in his towel IN the pool - it was supposed to keep him warm! Silly!)
Ben LOVES his preschool class! I love them too because they love Ben. The teacher has told me Ben is one of her best behaved students and she never has a problem with him. I AM SO RELIEVED!!! Maybe kindergarten won't be such a huge transition for him after all.
His class learned about different careers this past week. He came home each day with the cutest crafts dealing with these careers. Here he is with his police cap and his mail carrier pouch. He also made a doctor's kit and a fireman's Dalmatian dog. Isn't he adorable?


Lizzy looks so grown up next to her cake and I LOVE the fun crafts from Ben's preschool! What fun ideas!
ReplyDelete