We usually walk along the same path. There are big canals that run through Yuma, diverting the Colorado river to various places throughout town. We walk along the canal by our house. Ben throws dirt clods into the canal. I try not to panic. It's a lot of fun. :)
On our last walk, we took a little detour to look at some horses. There is a little grouping of three houses tucked back in a hidden part of our path. At some point, someone in one of those houses planted about 10 trees of the pine tree variety. I only know that because there are pine cones all over the ground beneath the trees. (a VERY unusual sight in Yuma) Ben was super excited to find this new type of tree and pick up pine cones.
As we were getting ready to head out, Ben said, "Mom! Take a picture of me by the forest!" I smiled and wanted to shed a tear at the same time...
To my son, these 10 trees constitute a forest. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment