So I have been trying to follow every single prompting. I talk myself out of so many opportunities for service! Why do I do that? But today has been really good and I want to do this again tomorrow.
I thought you all might like to try a little experiment with me...
So, every generous thought - act on it.
Every thought about calling someone - call them.
Every person who walks past you and you think, "I should say hi?" - say it.
Any thoughts about sending someone a thank you note - write it AND send it.
Any thoughts about sending someone a note, period. - write it AND send it.
Any thoughts about forgiving someone - forgive them.
When your children just need some love but you have dishes to do - love the kids.
When the Holy Ghost whispers "You should read the scriptures today." - read them.
When the Holy Ghost whispers "Don't forget to pray." - remember
When the Holy Ghost whispers "Plan an FHE for tonight" - plan it (even if it has been a long time since your last FHE - especially if it has been a long time since your last FHE.)
When the Holy Ghost whispers "You should not be watching this tv show." - turn it off.
When the Holy Ghost whispers "Invite that person to church." - invite them
I think you get the picture.
I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store of all of us. I would love to hear your stories.
"Imagine what would happen in this Church if every morning 4.5 million of us got on our knees and asked our Father who He needed us to reach out to that day. And then imagine if we did it!" Sheri Dew

What a fabulous experiment. I'm thinking it would be a great topic for my RS lesson. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteCool Holly. How did it go? I'm teaching this Sunday too and think I'll add this to part of the class.
ReplyDelete