Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Letters of Love

The name of our blog gave me an idea a couple of days ago. Since I am using this blog as my journal/scrapbook (I'm printing every post along with pictures) I really want to make sure I'm thinking of the future with the majority of my posts. Pulling all of my scrapbook stuff out never works for me because my kids think they need to scrapbook too and so it just ends up in a disastrous mess. For some reason writing in a journal each night just hasn't been happening - could it be that I'm exhausted by the time I get to go to bed so the connection between my hand and brain isn't functioning any longer? This blog forum is easier so I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity. So, back to the title of our blog. I will be addressing some of my posts to specific people - mainly my children - but I have also felt inspired to post to other hypothetical people who shall be named later. I also want to post notes from the institute class I teach each Monday as a way of recording the lessons I'm learning from that amazing opportunity.


Dear Lizzy,
Last night you and I ran an errand together. We were listening to a CD that I have made for myself which includes some of my favorite songs. The song "Sing" by the Carpenters came on. You didn't want to listen to it at first but I told you that it was a song that my daddy used to sing to me and so it is one of my favorites. You and I have talked about my mom and dad before and how they both live with Heavenly Father. After I told you the reason why I loved the song "Sing" you became very thoughtful for a moment and then said, "Don't worry mommy, you will see your mom and dad again when you go to live with Heavenly Father." Then you stretched your little hand out so I could reach back and hold it for the rest of our car ride.
You have been so sweet lately - helping me so much around the house. You were so excited when I asked if you wanted to help me make biscuits this afternoon. Last night you wanted to give Ben his bath. You asked me to please step back while you tried to wash his hair - although he wasn't too excited about it. After Ben went to bed I started cleaning up the kitchen - you asked me what you could do to help. I gave you a Clorox wipe and you cleaned and cleaned until I was done with the whole kitchen. When we were through you looked up at me and said, "We are a good team!" Yes, my sweet Lizzy we are and I'm so grateful for you. I'm so glad you came to our family, what would we do without you?
Love,
Mommy

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet Post! I'm with you on the journaling! Keeping a blog is so much easier! I also print out my pages! I still enjoy scrapbooking, but never find the time.
    To me, this is scrapbooking 100 mph! My kids enjoy it! So, I figure this works pretty good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of us keep a blog for the same reason. Just so you know, you can go to places like www.blurb.com and publish your blog in book form for less than $20. I am going to do it once a year...something to consider!! BTW---your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey(spelling?) Thanks for the info! I had thought it would be more expensive than $20. Maybe I'll save my ink and just do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started a book from blurb.com! It makes a great journal! I am doing a yearbook!
    I thought the price was pretty good! I am very excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I told you before that I had peeked at your blog, and that I thought it was great...and that Lizzy looks just like you.

    I just wanted to add that I LOVE this letter you wrote to her.

    ReplyDelete