
This post has been on my mind for quite a while now. It is time to share this experience...
I've shared how we waited longer than we had originally expected for our sweet children to come to earth. About 2 months after Lizzy was born I was walking past the children department in Wal-mart. I had no intention of buying anything there that day as I hurried off toward the grocery section. But something caught my eye and I quickly glanced toward a clothing rack beside me. What I saw was a onesie with the simple phrase, "Worth The Wait" printed on the front. I reached out to touch it and the strongest feeling came to my heart that it was for me. I looked for different sizes or styles but it was the only one of its kind and it had no price tag. It was too big for Lizzy at the time and it wasn't pink and frilly like the clothes I had been buying for her. I saw the significance of the message, however, and bought it without hesitation. (I can't even remember how much they decided to charge me.)
When Lizzy was finally able to fit into the onesie I had her picture taken. Two years later, Ben's picture was taken wearing the onesie and I was glad it hadn't been pink like I had originally wanted.
There is a lesson here, a lesson of our Father's adoring love for each of us.When I was little, there was always a grandfather figure at church who would secretly slip a piece of candy to me and then wink as if to say, "That's just for you - our secret." I have come to learn, over the years, that our Father in Heaven does the same thing but with much neater blessings than a piece of candy - like a onesie with the perfect message printed on the front hanging all by itself in wal-mart. We must learn to recognize these blessings when they happen because they are usually very subtle and can often be mistaken as just mere coincidence or even luck. I think that when we have the opportunity to look back on our lives here on earth, we will be amazed at how often our Father slipped us a piece of candy and winked in our direction. I'm trying harder to recognize these sweet blessings in my life.
For example, I love autumn. I love all seasons, actually, but autumn is extra special to me and I miss the autumn leaves down here. When we bought out new home it was July - very hot. Our home has a big tree in front which I was very happy about. The following December, however, the tree became even more special to me. It's leaves turned golden one day - some of the only autumn leaves to be found here in Yuma. I thanked Heavenly Father and thought I detected a wink from Him. His way of telling me that even though He wants us in Yuma, where autumn is not one of the seasons, He still knows me and the desires of my heart are important to Him.
What a beautiful post. I love that you have picts of them both in the onesie. Oh and by the way, I MISS YOUR CLASS :(
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa, we were just fishing in the tiny pond by Pioneer Park subdivision. No fish, but lots of turtles. Jeremy wants to make turtle soup, I told him NO WAY! I think that sounds so gross, not to mention, I could never kill a cute little turtle, even if it did try to eat my son:) I am working on my Master's degree right now and I am working full time with the deaf and hard of hearing kiddos here in Yuma, it works out nicely though, since both kids are in school, I am basically finished when they are. Hope things are going well!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post, Lisa.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this post, Lisa. I needed to be reminded about looking for "mini miracles" every day. I love the idea of "candy and a wink." I know it happens more than we know. And I'm sure He's pleased when we notice. Your children are so blessed to have you as their mother!
ReplyDeleteLisa!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! So cute! I agree completely with your thoughts! We all have a lot of candy and winks daily! Thanks for reminding me! When I am at Institute, I think how lucky your kids are to have such a great teacher and they get to call her MOM!
That was a great post! I agree with you whole heartedly. We really have to trust him that he knows what is best for us and the timing is in his details not ours. Thanks,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed your post and I completely understand. I had to wait a long time, too, for a lot of things and I now understand and am so thankful!
ReplyDeleteI love this post. How differently we can look at things in our lives, if we choose to. We can see things as lucky or coincidental, or as constant blessings. I like your way of looking at things.
ReplyDeleteI remember looking at these pictures on your wall. I thought your kids had twin shirts or something, and Lizzy explained to me that it was the same shirt. (Of course, it's not like they are the same age!)
Love your perspective as always.... I bought a wooden sign that says "i am a dream come true" that hangs in Theron's room because it too 'spoke to me' at the store. He is my dream come true after waiting a while for him. I totally understand. I sent you an email with more detail. Tell me if you got it.
ReplyDeleteLisa thanks so much for sharing your beautiful experiences, I always feel such inspiration from you. I to see so much of the Savoir in the simple things in life and have come to realize that they are such special gifts from him. Sometimes my family laughs at the joy I get out of little things, but I know it is the Lord expressing his love for me. Thank you for being such a wonderful teacher.
ReplyDelete