Despite the fact that Troy quit his job on Dec. 23rd and, at this point, has no prospect of a paycheck in the near future...he used up all the points we've been racking up with our Disney credit card over the past 5 years to buy season passes. I had tucked the desire to go to Disneyland (which burned inside of me for months) away in a nice little box in my heart where I thought it would have to patiently wait for quite a while. Surprise, surprise, I opened a nicely wrapped box on Christmas morning to find three season passes - we don't have to pay for Ben until he's 3.
Troy informed me that he had already booked a hotel for three nights - we were to leave Sunday evening after church and go to Disneyland Monday - Wednesday. I had tucked my little dream away so neatly that I was having a hard time getting excited. Weird, I know. Long story short, Monday morning, as we were getting ready to turn into the parking garage at Disneyland something clicked in my head and I said, "Troy, don't these passes have blackout dates? Did you check to see if we can even go today?" He didn't even have to check, we both knew instantly, our tickets could not be used that day.
Lizzy burst into tears, Troy was, naturally, very frustrated with himself, Ben didn't know the difference and I started to laugh. It just seemed so ridiculous and unbelievable to me that we were actually in that situation that I couldn't help but laugh. We immediately changed plans and headed for Knotts Berry Farm. We had a fun day together and then headed home on Tuesday. It was cheaper for us to eat the cost of the hotel for Tuesday night than to stay a couple more days paying for entertainment we hadn't planned on. We will go to Disneyland again - Troy did buy the season passes. :)
That evening as we were driving around Anaheim we noticed signs that read, "Disneyland Sold out for today". Whew! I guess it was a blessing in disguise. The park was so full they actually reached maximum capacity. I'm glad we weren't there.
That is so funny. I just laughed and laughed when I read it. At least Troy tried.
ReplyDeleteThat is funny and one of those moments that you just have to laugh or you'd go crazy! Glad it was a good vacation anyway :) Rusty does the same thing when we buy gifts for each other. I thought that was just him, but maybe its a guy thing! :)
ReplyDelete