Saturday, January 16, 2010

True Feelings

The other day we were all out front doing yard work. Ben found his own quiet spot somewhere out of our sight. Lizzy and I started looking for him but when he couldn't be found she said,

"Oh mommy, I hope he didn't run away. He has been such a sweet brother all these years."

We found him - he jumped out of his hiding place like a ninja ready to attack. So much for the sweet brother.

*****

Ben has become very attached to his daddy.
Today, while we were all walking around wal-mart (it's what we do for fun while we wait for Troy's business to start raking in the dough) I randomly said to Ben, "Hi son."
He said, "No, I daddy's son!"
I said, "You are my son too."
He firmly said, "NO! You Lizzy's mommy! I daddy's son!"

Well, I'm glad we got that straightened out.

*****

Ben is not alone in his attachment to his father. In the past both kids have been EXTREMELY clingy to me. Most days I can't even leave the room without them making some sort of a fuss. Well recently they have decided Dad is okay.

The other day, when Troy got home from work, Lizzy said, "Mom, don't you have somewhere you can go so we can be alone with daddy?"

*****

To put this next one quite bluntly...Ben mooned me. Yes. My almost 3-year-old ran up to me, gave me his biggest grin, turned around, dropped his pants to revel his little white behind, pulled his pants back up and ran away...laughing. Now, it may be hard to believe, but we don't do that in our house. Not sure where he learned that. I'm going to blame it on Troy's brother Matt. (Hi Matt!) :)

*****

4 comments:

  1. When Ryan mooned my mother in law at the age of 3 or 4 I wondered how little kids knew that bums were funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mooning is funny. Especially to little boys. Flashing and streaking are hilarious too. Hopefully your little one won't pick up the other two. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL too funny! Kids are hilarious. They will love reading these things one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAHAHA! Kids say/do the darndest things. Thanks for sharing your kids' stories and making me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete