Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Little Man

This post is long over due. Ben's birthday was last month but I was incredibly busy with some Relief Society duties. Now that we have recovered, it is time to get caught up on some important posts...Benjamin Thomas Love turned 3-years-old on Feb. 20th. My sweet little baby boy. He hates it when I call him my baby boy. He stomps his feet and says, "I a big, big boy." Ben is becoming the boy I knew he would become, rough and tough and curious and active and unstoppable and wonderful. We are all discovering his great sense of humor and his love for playing games, of all sorts.
When he was born I would hold him and look at him and an excitement for his future would fill my heart. I still feel that excitement. I can't wait to see what the Lord does with his talents and enthusiasm and determination. The world will be a better place because of Benjamin Love.

But for now...he's mine and I want to love every single bit of him as much as I can while he's here.

Dear Ben, my son, you can make me think you are an angel even while you are doing the things you're not supposed to do...You, Benjamin, can try my patience, yet charm me with your winning smile and the twinkle in your eye.You want everyone to know how tough you are but I know what you need when you come running to me with those big tears in your eyes, your mama's hugs and kisses. When you sense that anyone else around you needs a hug, you don't hesitate to give them exactly what they need.You love adventure, exploring and saving the world from evil forces,
but when you fall asleep in my arms and I look at your sweet face, all covered with dirt, I know you love to be loved.Oh, son, thank you, thank you, thank you for coming to our home. I have loved these three years with you and I hope and pray for many, many more to come. I have no doubt you will continue to win my heart every day of your life.
Love Mommy

1 comment:

  1. What a nice post! Love that nose and glasses picture :)

    ReplyDelete