Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Earthquake

Okay, so normally I let Lisa do all the posting here, but I just had to post this. As many of you know there was a 7.5 earthquake about an hour from here on Easter Sunday. We felt the quake here in Yuma. It was pretty strong. We had minimal damage. A small statue of the Christus fell off a shelf and broke. It was one that Lisa's mother gave us for our wedding.

As Lisa was picking up the pieces and expressing her disappointment, Lizzy came by and told Lisa to not worry. "It's not as bad as Haiti, mama." She said. I can't believe she is only five... some of the wisdom that comes out of her mouth blows me away.

-Lizzy's Daddy

1 comment:

  1. I heard the Earthquake was a little scary! Glad it wasn't as bad as Haiti and that everyone is safe! :)

    ReplyDelete