Lizzy preformed a solo in her first violin recital. I was nervous for her - mainly because she wasn't nervous at all. I wasn't sure she quite understood that she was going to be playing alone in front of a lot of people. Of course, my nerves were for naught. She stood up when it was her turn, smiled and played beautifully - every note!


These pictures are of Lizzy in the warm-up room with her little violin friends. I loved the buzz and excitement of this room before the preformance. The chatter, the different musical pieces being practiced all together in one room. Lizzy will grow up in this world, year after year, playing harder and harder pieces. I'm okay with that, it seems to be a good world to be in right now. After the preformance Lizzy, of her own accord, went around to all of her friends and told them what a good job they had all done. She was so sincere and didn't care a single bit that they didn't tell her the same in return. I love that girl.

This is the only picture of her preforming. It is a terrible picture but I have my memory pictures that will last forever.
Afterward, when I was telling her how perfectly she had preformed, she simply said, "I knew Heavenly Father was with me the whole time. I felt Him helping me." We had said a family prayer before we left for the preformance, I guess it helped. :)
This is what I love and am grateful for, the God of the universe - the Man who knows how to create planets and nebulas and giraffes, majestic redwood trees and delicate, blue forget-me-nots - took the time to stand next to and help a little 5-year-old girl playing a 60 second long violin solo. I suppose He also knows how to create violin players and also how to mold sweet little girls into powerfully influential women in this world of His. Knowing what my heart knows of Him, it is His work and His glory - His plan and His joy - to do so.
If it is important to us, it is important to Him.
Way to go Lizzy!
ReplyDelete"Whatever you decide to be...be a good one!"
Good job Lizzy! And so true what you said at the end Lisa :) Thanks for that :)
ReplyDeleteI love your thoughts here. And there is not much that is sweeter than a confident little girl and her tiny violin.
ReplyDelete