I worry about so many things. When it comes to this blog, I worry that it seems like I brag about my children or that my posts are too long or even more so, that my posts are too serious and depress people.
But then a glimmer of light will shine through my worrying and I'll remember who this blog is ultimately for - my posterity. I want them to have no question as to how I felt about some things and how strongly I believed in some things and how life had taught me so many lessons that were of eternal consequence and most importantly, how much I love our Savior, Jesus Christ. The world is only going to become more wicked as each generation passes away. If I can offer even just one of my grandchildren a reason to stand for truth and righteousness, then I will know my writings here have not been in vain.
Also, though, this blog is for me. I don't pretend to be an experienced writer with a huge vocabulary and if it must be known, I am not the world's best speller - spell check is a wonderful invention. I wish I were a poet or song writer but I'm not. I often say that I need an editor because of the length of anything that I write. However, almost always, when I write something - whether it be about my adventures with my children or my personal thoughts and feelings - I am doing so because whatever I wrote was BURNING inside of me, begging to be set free. I have no idea how it will be received by others but writing is therapeutic for me and so I do it, often. :)
All of that is leading to an even much longer post about some things that have been on my mind and cultivating in my heart for some time now. It is super long so it will have to be in parts.
Disclaimer: This is a work in progress because I am a work in progress. I may return often and change this entire post eventually. I am writing from my own observations and ponderings. I am not an expert, I am merely a participant in this thing called life and this is what I have been observing lately. I learn and grow, change my ways and hopefully improve myself on a daily basis. Some lessons are learned the hard way and, unfortunately, I am no exception.
No comments:
Post a Comment