I was recently looking on the CNN weather website and saw that under the headlines for Yuma, AZ, was a link to MY BLOG!!! Because I wrote a post that included the words, Yuma and Arizona. I really don't mind people reading my blog, I have not made it private on purpose but seeing a link to my own blog on a random news website was a little freaky. I called my husband at work who looked on his work computer and found the same thing. So, it isn't that the site somehow knows I am the one looking.
I am seriously contemplating going private. If you want to continue to be able to read my blog - you need to be seen by a doctor. (just kidding) Please send me a personal email with your email address so I can send an invitation. I need to really think about this so give me a few days. I have my reasons for not automatically going private with this new light on things. I will make my decision soon.
lisalove1996@hotmail.com
Thanks,
The Management
P.S. I wish this was a fun, crafty blog or a fun food storage blog or something light and happy so that people didn't feel like they have to be secretive about reading what I write. I am aware that I deal with hard issues here and some deeply spiritual issues as well - and I got a lot more coming - trust me. I can't help it. I do what I feel I am supposed to do but I know this can make people feel uncomfortable sometimes. It takes a lot out of me to put these feelings down in a public forum but I just have to follow my heart and let the Lord be in charge. Believe me, there are many feelings, thoughts and experiences I do not post because, believe it or not, I'm not a completely open book! :) You closet readers, you can email me as well. I know you are there because enough of you stop me personally or send me personal emails and you are so shy to tell me that you read my blog. There is no need to feel self-conscious. We are all in this together. I don't even care if I've never met you. I won't tell a soul that you read my blog, I promise! :) I'll pretend I don't even know. :)
I had a thought..Have you checked your security settings?...go to your blog...select the "settings tab", then scroll down. Make sure next to "Add You Blog to Our Listing" and "Let Search Engines Find Your Blog" that NO is selected. If not, change it to NO! If yes was selected, this could be why that website was able to find you! If it was marked no, then my theory was wrong and I have no way to help you!...Therefore, add me to your reader list! :)
ReplyDeleteI followed your directions and "yes" was selected. I swear I changed that after I sat in on your family history class. Maybe I hadn't saved the change. So now it says "no". We'll see how it goes. Thanks!! I probably don't need to freak out so quickly. I was just so shocked and mystified. I am still pondering the privacy thing.
ReplyDeleteI totally understand! I had something similar happen on my blog. I got a random comment from someone posting that they wanted to use my kids' pictures for a book they were writing?! Freaked me out. I emailed the person at the email address they gave me on the blog comment and told them NO, but I never heard back. I went private after that! I know it's more hassle, but it's worth it.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, if you do go private, make sure you add me as a reader! AND I sent you an email earlier today, but I sent it to a gmail address, not a hotmail one. I don't know if you'll get it?
I was going to suggest fake names. That's what I use on my site. But then I read The Farrar Family's idea. WOW!!! I didn't know we could do that. I went right to my site and made the changes.
ReplyDeleteIf you do go private, you're readership is limited to 99 or 100 people. I'd like to keep reading your posts (I enjoy your perspective) but understand if you have a ton of family and friends that need the space.
I understand why you have gone private. I think about that from time to time. You will have to let me know how you like it after awhile.
ReplyDelete