Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Other Favorite Gift...

So, I loved our quiet Christmas weekend and being with my sweet family and my cousin coming to visit and all of the wonderful spiritual stuff that goes along with Christmas so, of course, those are my favorite Christmas gifts but...

My other favorite gift is my BLOG BOOK!!! My friend Linsey introduced me to blog books a little less than a year ago and I knew I had to have one. By using a free down-loadable software from a site called www.blurb.com, I was able to "slurp" my blog into a template, rearrange things how I want them and create my own book. The company then prints it and sends me a hard bound copy of the book. It was so inexpensive that I had a copy made for Lizzy and Ben as well. That way they won't have to fight over who gets the book and who has to make copies some day.

I LOVE this present! It actually came at the beginning of December. I flipped through it and then let Troy wrap it up so I could open it as a gift on Christmas morning. I plan to open up another present next year containing a blog book for 2010.

I have to admit that I feel a huge sense of RELIEF each time I flip through the pages. I know how important it is to record our family history, write in journals and keep a family scrapbook but I just can't seem to get to it all. But this book is all three of those important things wrapped into one. There are fun pictures and comical anecdotes about our family. There are also accounts of our accomplishments and different activities that will be so fun to read in years to come.

Also contained in this book is my testimony and recordings of how our family is trying to keep the commandments despite the chaos in the world around us. I know from personal experience how important it can be for future generations to see how their ancestors survived and overcame life's obstacles with their faith intact. Reading about the faith of my ancestors helped me more than I can even say while I was growing up. I hope to do the same for those who will follow me.

It is one way I will try to just pass the torch along.

No comments:

Post a Comment