Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Solo Twins

Lizzy sang her first solo in church on Sunday. She was asked by the choir director to sing "Away In A Manger" for the Christmas program. This song is already dear to us because I sing it to her sometimes when she feels afraid of the dark. The words just seem to be perfect for someone who is afraid of the dark:

"I love thee Lord Jesus, look down from the sky and stay by my cradle till morning is night. Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay close by me forever and love me I pray."

Lizzy has been practicing with her daddy for a couple of weeks and each time she has sung in a beautiful, clear soprano voice. Even the Saturday before as we practiced in the chapel for about an hour, her sweet little soprano voice sang perfectly. But then, when it came time to sing for the congregation, she broke out  as an alto and she still sounded okay! Troy was amazed at her range.

Before she sung the song she said, "Sometimes when I feel afraid of the dark, my mommy sings this song to me. If you feel afraid of the dark you can sing this song too. Will you all sing the last verse with me?" Then she sang and TOUCHED MY HEART! What a wonderful gift she is to me and our family.


Here is Lizzy with her handsome daddy. Troy also sang a solo in our Christmas program. He sang "Oh Holy Night". I think he was born to sing that song. It was amazingly beautiful! He sang it with power and conviction. The Spirit was definitely felt as he sang.
These pictures aren't that great with the shadows on Troy's and Lizzy's faces. I think it is finally time for me to take a photography class.

1 comment:

  1. What a talented girl you have! You are preparing her to be a great servant of the Lord and example to many. I wish I could have heard them sing. "O Holy Night" is my favorite Christmas song! I hope your Christmas is as wonderful as you are! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete