I had an unexpected event this morning...NO COMMITMENTS! After getting Lizzy off to school, I didn't know what to do with myself. Fold laundry? Nope. Clean my bedroom? Nope. Clean out the garage? Nope. Start working on some Institute lessons? Nope.
Then Ben came in, "Mommy, will you pay wif me an my twain?"
"Oh Ben! I have a better idea! Let's go yondering!" (yondering was my Grandma's word for a walk in which one stopps as much as necessary to explore the environment.)
"Otay Mommy!!!"
Off we went. I took along a bag just right for carrying treasures. I decided Ben was in charge completely and we would stop and look and touch and explore whenever his little 3-year-old boy heart deemed it necessary.
Our yonderings took us to the canal by our house. (Yes, I was very nervous while taking this picture and throughout our trek because of the canal but we were okay.)
Ben quickly found a way cool stick!
Next we saw some local wildlife. I thought I knew what kind of bird that was but now that I have searched the internet, I have no idea. Maybe Ben is right, it is "A Big White Bird".
We met lots of people walking their dogs who were more than willing to exchange a friendly "Hello" with Ben and let him play with their dogs for a bit.
Ben found a great writing-in-the-mud stick for me so, I of course, wrote what was written all over my heart at that moment.
Ben tried to write "I heart Mommy" (he wrote in a secret code that only I could read)
Big clods of dirt are so awesome!
So are huge pine cones!
We even found a small farm with horses and a farmer plowing his fields with a big blue tractor. Sorry no pics but we sat and watched the tractor for about 10 minutes. Ben and the farmer had fun waving back and forth to each other.
On our way off of the canal, Ben decided he wasn't dirty enough and so he rolled down the hill. His dirt level met the "All Boy" criteria for sure!
And of course, after covering himself with dirt, what would be more appropriate than jumping in puddles?
I LOVE this boy!!
Thanks for yondering with me Big Guy.
Let's do it again next week!


No comments:
Post a Comment