All over the world, women who are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, are receiving a marvelous little book this year. This book, "Daughters In My Kingdom" is a book which was commissioned by the First Presidency, but after reading it, I have no doubt they were following directions from the true leader of our church - even Jesus Christ Himself.
This is a book from our Savior and our Eternal Father. Our Father knows His daughters. He wants us to be happy. He wants us to be all that we can be. He knows that we are a powerful group and have a tremendous capacity to bring love, healing and change in this world!
This book can teach us how to do that. It is amazing! At first glance, one might falsely think that this is just an historical document. It is so much, much more than that. When read prayerfully and with an open heart, the women of the RELIEF Society will know what they are capable of and will be filled with a desire to live up to those capacities.
As I have turned its pages, it seems to me that it is a reminder of something I've been taught before, something I was taught before even coming to earth. We are daughters of a King. This little book is our Father's reminder of exactly who we are and what that knowledge will enable us to do in this life. Mediocrity was never our earthly goal! :)
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't just let it sit on a shelf and gather dust. It is short and can be read little bits here and little bits there.
In the spring of 1842 when Emma Smith said, "Sisters we are going to do something extraordinary." she wasn't just talking about the women sitting in the room that day. She was talking about ALL OF US and sisters, here in 2011, we still have some extraordinary things left to do!!
If you are a member of the Yuma, AZ Stake, we as the Stake Relief
Society Presidency have issued the challenge to every Relief Society
sister to read this little book by March 15th, 2012. On that day we will
meet together to celebrate the 170th anniversary of the RE-organization
of the Relief Society here on earth. (I capitalized the RE in
reorganization for a reason. Read the 1st chapter of the book and you
will know why.) Our Celebration that night will be a royal event fit to honor the daughters of a King - which we all are! I hope
you can all come!!
(If you do not have a copy of this book, talk to the Relief Society President in your ward. Relief Society Presidents and counselors, PLEASE makes sure the women in Primary and Young Women callings receive a copy of this book as well.)
The book downloaded onto my Android phone as part of the LDS app. so I read it and found a lot of Relief society activities that I did not know about. I found it inspiring.
ReplyDelete