Sunday, December 18, 2011

Yuma's Veteran's Day Parade

Yuma has beautiful November weather + Yuma is a military town = a big Veteran's Day Parade.
We're all standing with our hands over our hearts here. I have to admit that I always tear up during this parade. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to live here in the United States and I've always been keenly aware that this freedom does not come free.
Our parade friends: from left top Jacob Horrocks (8), Clara Stewart, Ariana Stewart. From left bottom: Jeff Hill, Ben Love (4), Elizabeth Love (6), Migalley Stewart, Holland Stewart, Oliver Stewart, Joel Stewart, Sparkles the pug.

Lizzy has her own ideas of what should happen at a parade. Those ideas include donuts and hot chocolate. Her mother obliged. I'm such a sucker for a child's expectations of exciting events.
The kids loved all of the big military equipment. We clapped and cheered and had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment