August is officially over!!! When I was growing up in Northern Utah, that meant school had started, the evenings were cooling down, Autumn leaves would soon cover the mountain side, Halloween was on it's way, all that good stuff.
Here in Yuma, that means, well, it means at least another month of 100+ weather, no Autumn leaves, no sweaters, no cool evenings no...you get the picture. So, September is actually quite depressing for me here in Yuma. Can too much sun make one depressed?
Somebody cheer me up!!!
Lisa, maybe you'll be cheered up when think about January in Yuma: you are wearing sweaters;we'll be trudging through a foot of snow, with constant wind, and it will probably be at least 20 below zero. Maybe we'll come down for a visit. :)
ReplyDeleteLisa!
ReplyDeleteI hear you! I know what you mean! I grew up in Utah also! Every year on September 1st, I get the itch to get the Fall Decor out and decorate with autumn leaves, berries, pinecones, pumpkins and Fall garland! I just dream of cooler weather and know it's coming! Somehow the Fall Decor brings back the memories of cool fall days! It may be HOT outside but come inside to FALL! That's how I look at it! The pumpkins always put a smile on my face! OK,I probably make no sense here! I'm just rambling on!
Cooler days are coming!
I did a post today on Fall!
September is my favorite month. Just something about it always makes me happy. To cheer you up, just think...you can still go swimming and not freeze to death in the water. There are no ice storms here. There are no freak blizzards. And the kids are in schools with air conditioning. Hmmm. That doesn't sound like much. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya, Lisa! I miss seasons so very much. Blazing heat, day in and day out, sure gets old. I long for cooler temps, eating warm bowls of soup, actually being able to use the fireplace we have, snuggling up under blankets to watch a movie.......
ReplyDeleteI love never having to clean ice off the car, or slide around on a slippery road. The hot days easier for me to endure than ICE.
ReplyDeleteIf you are optimistic like my husband, you will notice a change in the evenings and the mornings in the middle of September. If you are more like me, you won't notice that until the middle of October.
It sounds like you have the winter blues. People around here feel like you do in February. Just know that this too shall pass(all too quickly) I actually am a little depressed on Sept 1 because summer is over and I know how long winter is. Boo Hoo.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! I am doing better. You would think that this being my 10th summer in Yuma, I would have prepared myself for my September Blahs. I think we'll get out the Fall decorations like Brenda (everyone should check out her website!) and start working on some good soup recipes and make it September inside our house even if it isn't outside. And yes, any of you who want to come down for a visit in Jan., come on down! Yuma is glorious in January!!
ReplyDeleteIt's been over 100 here and our AC/Furnace broke. It's 37 years old and falling apart and will cost $1000 to fix it or $8000 to replace it. So, we're just sweating it out and hoping our September isn't like Yuma.
ReplyDelete