Monday, July 12, 2010
Welcome To The World Emma Horrocks
My sister Wendy had her 4th baby on Friday, July 9th. After 3 boys, she finally had a sweet baby GIRL - Emma Renee Horrocks! While Emma was making her entrance into the world, her big brothers were chillin' at the Love Shack. The boys stayed for two nights and 2 1/2 days - Lizzy and Ben wish they would have stayed longer.
There is something about these kids and their shared DNA - they get into some kind of "Cousin Zone" where everything is hilarious and fascinating and requires very loud voices, running and absolutely no sleep! (Oh and no parental supervision is necessary - or so they think!)
For sleeping arrangements we blew up the big air mattress and put it in Ben's room so they could all sleep in one room together. The irony is the word "sleep". :) I fell asleep to the sound of the three oldest cousins talking and laughing. I decided not to let it bother me - I remember those same types of experiences as a kid and I knew they were making some great memories so I just let them talk - which they did until after 10pm!
That was okay until Troy and I were woken up by the sounds of laughter and little feet running around the house at 5:30 IN THE MORNING!!! By 7am they were in the pool. Our poor neighbors.
The kids had a great time swimming, eating, swimming, watching movies, swimming, doing crafts and swimming. And yes, they stayed up late again the next night and got up early the following morning. But oh they slept well once the party was over and the boys went home.
Finally, on Friday afternoon, Emma was born. The boys were ecstatic with joy - they have been praying for a sister and Lizzy got her first girl cousin in her age group (the others are all teenagers and live far away). Lizzy helped me pick out a couple of girl outfits for little Emma but what she was most excited about was giving Emma her first little doll - the little mermaid doll Lizzy has lovingly shoved in Emma's arms in this picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Many congrats to Wendy! I was wondering if her blog silence was due to some wonderful distraction!! Yippee for girlies too!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your sister. I think it is great when someone with all boys finally gets to have a girl.
ReplyDeleteAnd I totallyl get the Cousin Zone thing. We recently spent some time with family, and Riley could not get enough of her cousins.
What a sweet picture of Lizzy with the baby:)